harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Licensing/Community] Fresh start
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:43:19 GMT
Sure, I've posted there.  The idea, of course, is that breaking the
class library code into more manageable components will allow for a well
managed divide-and-conquer approach to development.

We should, of course, distinguish development-time and run-time
modularity, and I believe that consolidating on OSGi metadata gives us a
good overlap between the two.

Developing the SE classlibs themselves as bundles is a bit unusual for
most OSGi tools, so there is a 'knack' to setting things up and I'm
still tweaking my development environment along the lines discussed on
the Felix list for 'best practice'.

Regards,
Tim

--