harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "David N. Welton" <dav...@dedasys.com>
Subject Re: Full disclosure - GPL exception stuff (licensing - yuck!)
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:23:02 GMT
Perhaps the difference is that with the bits and pieces of gcc that you
get, you don't even realize that you have them, which is different from
 noting that you have several .jar files floating around in your
download that aren't under the same terms as the rest of the code.

As far as I'm concerned, though, I'd vote for practicality - I don't
care how 'free java' is licensed, as long as I can link proprietary code
to it if needs be, and it frees me from using Sun's java, and all the
restrictions that that entails.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/