harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Draper ...@eldiablo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Full disclosure
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:23:31 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> *snip*
>
> Sometimes, it's easier to rewrite some code than to convince people to
> relicense.
>
> *snip*

Perhaps this is one of those times? I don't wish to negate the valiant
efforts of those trying to resolve the licensing issues, but I think
that as an aside, maybe it'd be worthwhile to start a class library
project all of our own? In time, if the licensing issues with other
projects were resolved, then there would be nothing to stop us trying to
integrate the best of all worlds, and trying to combine all the
available classlib offerings to provide one open-source free
implementation under the Harmony banner.

I for one haven't had any exposure to the source code of any of the
classlib projects out there currently, I guess that would be a factor in
who would be able to contribute to a new classlib codebase... The real
question though is there any interest in this? Is there anyone else on
this list who like me is itching to write and contribute some new code
to the project, and who would be interested in starting to implement the
class libraries? :-)

Thoughts, comments welcome.

Cheers,
-= El =-