harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to place the core classlib code?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:04:47 GMT
I thought the idea was that each contribution started working directly
in the sandbox?  Isn't that what Dan and Archie are doing?

Once things are pulled out from the sandbox I propose that the
repository is laid out to represent a few (non-trivial) sub-projects
that have well-defined interaction, to allow some development autonomy,
but build together into a single system, something like:
enhanced
  /classlib
    /trunk
    /branches
    /tags
  /vm
    /trunk
    /branches
    /tags
  /jit
    /trunk
    /branches
    /tags
  /build
    /trunk
    /branches
    /tags

and so on, with further subdivision within the sub-projects are required
(e.g. ACL areas within the classlib as defined by the ACQ).

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Regards,
Tim

--