harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Suen <remy.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No kernel.jar when building ibm_core and java launcher problem
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:04:22 GMT
> The kernel.jar isn't built as the SVN code expects that this JAR will
> be supplied by the VM provider. The classes contained in kernel.jar
> are closely coupled with the VM (they each have dependencies on the
> other's implementation) and so are expected to be delivered by the VM
> provider.

Ah, that explains it.

> The repository does actually contain some mocked up versions of the
> kernel classes (see the java-src/kernel folder) which should compile
> (have you checked under the bin folder ?).

I actually modified the ant file for it to build the kernel.jar for
me. :P

> This contains a compatible VM for the Harmony code in SVN.
> Instructions should come in the download for how to configure the VM
> element with what you have been building.

Downloading the one at IBM's site worked out fine for me. I had gone to
that site before when it was first announced that code would be
contributed to Harmony. Unbeknownst to what IBM meant, I had thought
that it was an option to either download from IBM or get it from the
repository. I now know that that is not the case.

> Hope this helps. Please let us know how you get on.

Yes it did, thank you for your time. :)

Regards,
Rem