harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Suen <remy.s...@gmail.com>
Subject No kernel.jar when building ibm_core and java launcher problem
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:56:34 GMT
Hi,

It's quite possible that I totally missed the topic of this matter
since there are quite a few threads on the Harmony development list, so
I apolgoize if this has been brought up already. I've looked on JIRA
and didn't find anything, I asked on #harmony and was asked to ask on
the list, so here I am. :)

In the build.xml file within ibm_core/java-src, kernel.jar does not
appear to be built, is there any reason for this? I noticed this when
during my classpath configuration process when I was creating a new
project in Eclipse. I realized I couldn't create any new classes since
there was no java.lang.Objec to inherit from! :P The kernel folder
holds some very important classes as I'm sure you all know, so to
reiterate my original question, why isn't kernel.jar being built?

With regards to my second question/problem, I do not appear to be able
to run the java launcher within ibm_core.

rcjsuen@Vvardenfell
~/source/harmony/enhanced/trunk/sandbox/contribs/ibm_core/deploy/jre/bin
$ ./java tes Failed to open JVM
DLL: /home/rcjsuen/source/harmony/enhanced/trunk/sandbox/contribs/ibm_core/deploy/jre/bin/default/clearvm
(/home/rcjsuen/source/harmony/enhanced/trunk/sandbox/contribs/ibm_core/deploy/jre/bin/default/libclearvm.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I have tried setting JAVA_HOME to nothing and also to deploy/jre as
specified in README.txt to no avail.

Thank you for your time, any input anyone can offer would be most
appreciated. I apologize if I have missed these issues being brought up
on the list during a previous discussion.

Regards,
Rem