harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Tanzer <stru...@guglhupf.net>
Subject Re: Where do we put it? (Was Re: [jchevm] Porting JCHEVM to OSX/PPC)
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:52:10 GMT
On Dec 5, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt with a technical issue...
>
> On Nov 29, 2005, at 6:48 PM, David Tanzer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 16:34 -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> You could create a branch to play with in Subversion. If you do,
>>> I recommend also using svnmerge... http://dellroad.org/svnmerge
>>
>> Good Idea, but where would I place that branch?
>> "harmony/enhanced/branches/sandbox/contribs/jchevm/osx_port"?
>>
>> I'll look at the rest of the issues later...
>
> Is there a way to safely get this code in the main trunk?  I don't
> mind (what about others?) if you need to work in the corner of the
> sandbox, but this seems like enhancement to the trunk rather than a
> revolutionary experiment...

I guess it wouldn't cause too much problems committing it to trunk
since we could
always revert to the base revision if something goes wrong. The real
question is:
Do we have/need a SVN policy? How would it look like?

Wherever I've worked with version control before there always were
rules like:
"Never break the build in trunk" or
"Only unit-tested code goes to trunk"
and similar. I just wanted to ask before I do something wrong...

Cheers, David.