harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: [Licensing/Community] Fresh start
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:27:17 GMT
Hi Tim,

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:12 +0000, Tim Ellison wrote:
> Mark: is there some concensus forming on componentization of the
> Classpath code that would allow defining whole functional units like
> this?  The OSGi bundles model seems to tick a number of the boxes as a
> standardized method for specifying the inter-component dependencies,
> version control, etc.

It has been discussed, but I don't believe there is any clear consensus
on using it at the moment. See the following thread on the mailinglist:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.classpath.devel/6474
There is nobody working on that at the moment afaik. If it was done in a
way that offered clear benefits for the current users then a patch to
support it would of course be accepted. Maybe you can respond to that
discussion and explain what the benefits are and how you would see it
work in the context of classpath.

Cheers,

Mark