harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: VM/Class Library Interface (or "Storming the Gates! Take 3!")
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:39:00 GMT

>> I don't understand this (sorry if I wasn't paying attention
>> earlier).  If "extend" means defining public API's in those
>> packages, then Classpath doesn't purport to do that. The
>> java.lang.VMClass, etc.  stuff are all internal API's not meant for
>> public consumption.

Matt> Wasn't one of the issues here the theoretical "What
Matt> happens when Sun defines a public VMClass class in
Matt> java.lang?"

There's no bad (i.e., security violating) situation that can arise
from this.  It is no different from Sun adding any other class that is
not yet implemented in Classpath.

Tom