harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: compiling bootJVM with MSVC
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:44:33 GMT

On Nov 7, 2005, at 5:40 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> Hi Geir,
>
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 08:44 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Lets not count our chickens here.  The LGPL policy is still in the
>> works, and may not allow anything but limited-time optional
>> dependencies, and no re-distrubution of LGPL-ed artifacts.
>>

> But that is all we need for now don't we?

No, because we want to be able to distribute complete tested
implementations of J2SE, right? :)

> Of course we should lobby for more freedom.

I won't take that bait :0

> But the main thing is to make sure there are no roadblocks for
> collaboration between the different free sofware projects.

Indeed!  That's why I'm so certain that interoperability of modules
and componentization will be so beneficial for us.

> If the board really refuses to allow us to distributed a fully
> integrated system containing all parts we can always put the whole
> collection up somewhere else. But we will cross that bridge when we
> get
> there. Lets first put together the whole system.

Someone can always take the various works and post somewhere else,
but we'll distribute what we test, and we won't be able to use Apache
TCKs to test something we're not distributing from here.

geir

geirm@apache.org