harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mishura, Stepan M" <stepan.m.mish...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Contribution of security, crypto, and x-net libraries
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:05:20 GMT

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:08:28PM +0300, Loenko, Mikhail Y wrote:
>> figure
>> of
>> that
>> already
>> and
>> >
>> >We will work closely with you to resolve any issues you have to
ensure
>> >the two contributions work well together.
>>
>> Right now, we are sorting out the integration issues. We hope to
>> summarize the problems shortly and mail them to harmony-dev list
>
>This may be obvious, but you are more than welcome to do such "sorting
out"
>on this mailing list rather than just send out summaries when its done.
The
>sooner we get all of the "we" in that sentence above actively involved
>around
>here, the better!

One of integration issues is to run unit tests provided for security,
crypto, and x-net libraries on combination of contributions. So there
are 52 test failures. I have analyzed most of them:
- In 26 cases tests failed because of not implemented functionality of
java.math.BigInteger class.
- In 6 cases BouncyCastle provider throws NPE. I expect that the reason
is the same (java.math.BigInteger class) because stack trace looks like:

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERInteger.<init>(DERInteger.java:56)
      at
org.bouncycastle.asn1.pkcs.PKCS12PBEParams.<init>(PKCS12PBEParams.java:2
5)
      at
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKAlgorithmParameters$PKCS12PBE.engineIni
t(JDKAlgorithmParameters.java:620)
- 9 tests hung JVM without any diagnostics. These failures need further
investigation and I can not provide detailed info for them right now.

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura
Intel Managed Runtime Division