harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code contribution to harmony
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:27:17 GMT

On Nov 9, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> Would IBM be willing to assign this code to the FSF for inclusion
>> in GNU
>> Classpath or contribute it under a GPL-compatible license like MIT/X,
>> W3C, etc. so that it can be mixed and merged with the GNU
>> Classpath core
>> library and used in larger GPL-compatible works like gcj, kaffe, etc?

> Mark, speaking with my IBM hat on, I will say that as I promised
> yesterday to you, I'll certainly get a discussion started inside
> IBM, but can't answer this now.
> Also, please understand that sometimes things can move very slowly.

I'd like to re-clarify my statement as I don't wish to create any
false expectations or misinterpretations.  What I was trying to say :

   "I'm simply going to communicate this question inside
   IBM, and can promise no answer - we will go forward
   with what we have now under the terms we have now"

IBM's contribution was made only under the Apache License, and there
are no plans for doing anything else with respect to a change or
addition in licensing.