harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: [jchevm] Porting JCHEVM to OSX/PPC
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:20:46 GMT

>The good news first: it compiles now. The problem I described in the
>previous mail was that libjc was linked with the option "-module" (so
>it can be dlopen()ed) and this is not portable. I removed the -module
>and now it compiles.
>
>I stripped out lots of ELF specific stuff, so my version could be
>interesting for a port to windows too. I just don't want to commit it
>to "trunk" yet because it's completely untested.

Hi David,
I'm trying to compile JCHEVM with MSVC but, at the moment, the work, as
underlined
by Archie, last week, is not trivial and in fact, I'm having a
noticeable number of  compiling errors.

Next week, I'm gonna try to use the native port of the GNU chain, MinGW,
as suggested by Ashish Ranjan
and compile JCHEVM with GCC. Since you have successfully compiled the
code with GCC, could
you tell/send me the modifications you did, in order for me to speed up
the job?

Has anybody tried to use the U/WIN project by AT&T instead of MinGW?
The U/WIN project is a DLL (posix.dll) that seats on top of Windows and
allows the programmer to call all POSIX APIs

Enrico