harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribution of security, crypto, and x-net libraries
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:38:57 GMT
The HARMONY-14 contribution contains stub implementations (i.e. methods
with 'empty' bodies) for a couple of class library areas.  We put those
in so the other areas would compile ok, to enable on-going development
in those areas.

The the class library areas were defined on the wiki, and debated a
while ago:
	http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary

so, with reference to that list, HARMONY-14 contains some implementation
for LUNI, ARCHIVE, NIO-CHANNELS, NIO-CHARSET, SECURITY and TEXT; and
stub-only implementations for the VM-specific Kernel classes, MATH, and
REGEX.

The 'full' implementation areas still need work too!  Besides bringing
the APIs up to 5.0 we have some known bugs which I'll be happy to help
fix if the contribution is accepted into svn.

It seems that you are falling over the stub implementation of
java.math.BigInteger.  I'll also volunteer to help to fill those methods
in to get the HARMONY-16 code working.

Regards,
Tim

--