harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject compiling JCHEVM with MSVC
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:35:58 GMT

> Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
>> For anyone who wants to play with the JCHEVM contribution, the code in
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/trunk/sandbox/contribs/jchevm/jchevm

>> should now be buildable and runnable (on x86 machines only).
>>
>> The file APACHE.README contains some general info as well as
>> instructions
>> on how to build it. Please report any problems, questions, etc. to this
>> mailing list.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Archie

>> Archie Cobbs      *        CTO, Awarix        *
>> http://www.awarix.com

Hi Archie,

 I'm compiling JCHEVM with MSVC.
 Since I can't use the default installation method:

    $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-jni --with-jikes
    $ gmake
    $ gmake install
    $ ./configure --with-classpath=DIR
    $ make
    $ make install

I have to manually create the config.h file, and compile the code step
by step.
At the moment, I got the following error from the MSVC compiler:

D:\projects\harmony-jcvm\jcvm\libjc\jc_invoke.c(81) : error C2059:
syntax error : '['

which refers to the following declaration:

/* Map command line option to VM args property */
static const    char *const jc_opt2prop[] = {
    [OPT_CLASSPATH]=    JAVA_CLASS_PATH,
    [OPT_LIBRARYPATH]=    JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH,
    [OPT_BOOTCLASSPATH]=    JAVA_BOOT_CLASS_PATH
};

Got any suggestion in order for me to proceed?

Enrico