harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Tanzer <stru...@guglhupf.net>
Subject Re: [jchevm] Porting JCHEVM to OSX/PPC
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:44:18 GMT
Hi Again.

Now it compiles, but the linking fails:

Making all in jc
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -g -O3 -pipe -Wall
-Waggregate-return -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wformat -
Wimplicit -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-
externs -Wno-long-long -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-
decls -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wtrigraphs -Wuninitialized -Wunused -
Wwrite-strings -g -O2  -pthread -o jc  main.o ../libjc/libjc.la -ldl -
lpopt -lcrypto -lz -lm

*** Warning: Linking the executable jc against the loadable module
*** libjc.so is not portable!
** Warning, lib libjc.so is a module, not a shared library

** And there doesn't seem to be a static archive available
** The link will probably fail, sorry
gcc -g -O2 -g -O3 -pipe -Wall -Waggregate-return -Wcast-align -Wchar-
subscripts -Wcomment -Wformat -Wimplicit -Wmissing-declarations -
Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wno-long-long -Wparentheses -
Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wtrigraphs -
Wuninitialized -Wunused -Wwrite-strings -g -O2 -o .libs/jc main.o  -
pthread ../libjc/.libs/libjc.so -L/sw/lib -ldl /sw/lib/libpopt.dylib /
sw/lib/libintl.dylib /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib -lcrypto -lz -lm
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: unrecognized option '-pthread'
/usr/bin/ld: ../libjc/.libs/libjc.so is input for the dynamic link
editor, is not relocatable by the static link editor again
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [jc] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Something similar is discussed here:
http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?ApplicationLinkingIssues

Maybe somebody here on this list knows how to handle this.
Cheers, David.

--
David Tanzer, Haghofstr. 29, A-3352 St. Peter/Au, Austria/Europe
http://deltalabs.at -- http://dev.guglhupf.net -- http://guglhupf.net