harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: compiling bootJVM with MSVC
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:40:35 GMT
Hi Geir,

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 08:44 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Lets not count our chickens here.  The LGPL policy is still in the
> works, and may not allow anything but limited-time optional
> dependencies, and no re-distrubution of LGPL-ed artifacts.

But that is all we need for now don't we?
Of course we should lobby for more freedom.
But the main thing is to make sure there are no roadblocks for
collaboration between the different free sofware projects.

If the board really refuses to allow us to distributed a fully
integrated system containing all parts we can always put the whole
collection up somewhere else. But we will cross that bridge when we get
there. Lets first put together the whole system.

Cheers,

Mark