harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: half-baked idea? j2me
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:13:39 GMT
Hi David,

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 10:12 +0100, David N. Welton wrote:
> The first thing you'd probably want to do in any case is an emulator...
> although this already exists and is quite nice:
>
> http://www.barteo.net/microemulator/

As you might have seen on http://planet.classpath.org/ this emulator is
now working with the different GNU Classpath based runtimes:
http://www.spindazzle.org/green/index.php?p=67
It looks pretty.

And to confirm that we are serious about making sure our solution will
be as modular as possible there has now been an offer from a university
to explore the possibilities of a micro edition of GNU Classpath plus
the Cacao vm for which they want to sponsor some student work. See the
recent "J2ME classes in GNU classpath" thread on the mailinglist:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2005-11/

Cheers,

Mark