harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: Implementation comparisons
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 17:01:46 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 11:25 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> And it involves Testing, Testing and Testing!

Since I think this is very important I should probably add that lots of
applications these days come with unit tests themselves. We are trying
to run lots of autobuilders to catch any unexpected failures. See
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/classpath-testresults

Especially larger applications such as Eclipse or JOnAS give important
clues. http://people.redhat.com/overholt/eclipse/eclipse-tests/ and
http://people.redhat.com/~aph/current-jonas-on-gcj-conformance-test-results.html

Another nice framework is GUMP which can now be run against kaffe and
makes sure a whole bunch of apache programs build and pass their test
suites against the free compilers, runtimes and tools.
http://gump.zones.apache.org/gump/kaffe/

It often seems we are chasing numbers and GNU Classpath snapshot
releases often have humorous names like "95% and counting" because
people love tracking numbers about api coverage. But in reality it is
all about compatibility with real world applications!

Cheers,

Mark