harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: Implementation comparisons
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 17:01:46 GMT

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 11:25 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi George,
> And it involves Testing, Testing and Testing!

Since I think this is very important I should probably add that lots of
applications these days come with unit tests themselves. We are trying
to run lots of autobuilders to catch any unexpected failures. See

Especially larger applications such as Eclipse or JOnAS give important
clues. http://people.redhat.com/overholt/eclipse/eclipse-tests/ and

Another nice framework is GUMP which can now be run against kaffe and
makes sure a whole bunch of apache programs build and pass their test
suites against the free compilers, runtimes and tools.

It often seems we are chasing numbers and GNU Classpath snapshot
releases often have humorous names like "95% and counting" because
people love tracking numbers about api coverage. But in reality it is
all about compatibility with real world applications!