harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: compiling bootJVM with MSVC
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:40:54 GMT
Hi Matt,

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 06:57 -0800, Matt Benson wrote:
> Shouldn't more care to be taken RE pointing people to
> LGPL resources on this list as the compatibility
> issues between the LGPL and Apache licenses are AFAIK
> still unresolved?

There is no problem combining ASL and LGPL into a larger work (as long
as the distribution requirements of both parts are respected of course).
But currently the "official apache rules" still don't allow for it. But
we are working on changing that because so many apache projects want to
depend on LGPL projects like Hibernate, FreeChart, OpenOffice.org
document filters, etc. And the legal committee has a proposal to make it
happen that will hopefully be ratified by the Apache board during the
next ApacheCon. We are working under the assumption that all legal
problems will be cleared up in time. (L)GPL and ASL compatibility being
top priority of course :)

Cheers,

Mark