harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: [modularity] OSGi or ? (was Re: half-baked idea? j2me)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:10:19 GMT
Hi Geir,

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 10:54 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > This is one of the "hot topic" on the GNU Classpath mailinglist.
> > How do we define "bundles" so people can more easily mix and match precisely
> > those core library parts they want. See the discussions on
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/ if you are not yet
> > subscribed. Maybe we could use something like OSGi bundles for
> > this. But the core libraries are pretty interwoven so there is a lot of
> > dicsussion what the right approach is.
>
> What other approaches have you been considering?

Basically what people do now is solve it for their own platform
separately. You can see examples of that for gcj which is of course
ported to losts of different (small) devices. Best is to follow the
discussion on the mailinglist, the last thread about this was stated by
Peter Kriens (Using OSG for Classpath):