harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [project policy] Author credit and attribution
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:51:12 GMT

On Oct 3, 2005, at 2:38 PM, acoliver@apache.org wrote:

> Initially the discussion had a component of author tags.  It will
> be easy to change the policy of author tags to not than vice
> versa.  Even easier to allow all to do as they feel initially and
> set a uniform policy later when the binding votes can be cast by a
> basic quorum of those whom it will affect.
>
> Since the vote is about author tags in code, the point is that I
> think there should be a vote taken AFTER those who have donated
> code have committer status.

I was just discussing it to find out what people thought about the
general subject.  I didn't call for a vote.

That said, this is an Apache project in the Incubator, and one of the
objectives is to create an Apache community, in accordance with the
collective experience of the foundation.

Now, putting aside the "author tags in code" idea for a second, do
you have any problems with having the committers page like httpd does?

I was thinking we'd have the committer list at the top, and below
that a section that lists the 'bulk contributions' starting with
david's.

geir

geirm@apache.org