harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Harmony Bootstrap JVM <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Small problems building under cygwin
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:29:39 GMT

Rodrigo,

Thanks for your help with these items.  I think that
it should be a simple matter to have 'config.sh' set
a 'win32' path.  In fact, there should probably be
a map function for that include path so that each
configuration can set that subdirectory name to
whatever Sun declares it to be for that platform
instead of depending on the OS platform name.

The '__int64' issue is an interesting one!  That's
why we're trying out all these porting things.  To
me, the solution depends partly on a matter of
build policy, namely, which compilers do we use?
I think that there is a case to be made for supporting
MSVC in addition to GCC since it has a large installed
base, and a Windows version of the build scripts
should be able to support both.  I suggest that we
could have the compiler as one of the configuration
options in 'config.sh' for Windows and CygWin, also
for the Windows .BAT file equivalent.  What do you
think?

Dan Lydick