harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Kumpera <kump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Small problems building under cygwin
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:33:19 GMT
Dalibor,

If autotools have really evolved since last time I checked, start of
2005, then are a really good alternative. They can do some really good
magic with platform incompatibility issues.

My experience with developing with then is really depressing, I need
to have a dozen versions of autoconf instaled because all of then are
bloody incompatible and every project require an unique version.
Debuging autoconf script are really hard (maybe I'm missing
something). Every time I had to generate Makefile.in or Makefile I had
a long session of fixing small problems and googleing for solutions.
Maybe that's because I do suck when  using and developing with
autotools and I hope so.

Anyway, configure scripts are really sweet... when they work and don't
screw up too badly.