harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "bootjvm@earthlink.net" <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Leadership and direction
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:30:16 GMT

We're all in this together.

Dan Lydick

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com>
Sent: Oct 31, 2005 3:14 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Leadership and direction

Hi gang!

The "open" in "open source" refers to more than the source code.

...snip...

Similarly, it seems we're getting a lot of interest and work on the
BootJVM stuff now (wee! Cool! Actual code :-)), and since Dan wrote
that originally, you'll see him answer a lot of the questions, enter
a lot of the discussions, etc. Just a very natural result of him
knowing a lot about the code and the decisions made while writing it
initially. However, its no longer "his" code, its "our" code, and anyone
is at any time welcome to do exactly the same, or a lot more. Like
contribute another JVM implementation. We (which by virtue of you
reading this includes you!) can decide where to go.

...snip...

Welcome to Apache! :-)

- LSD

Dan Lydick