harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [legal] Bulk contribution barrier to entry
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:33:30 GMT

On Oct 10, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Danese Cooper wrote:

> Geir,
>
> This is a special requirement of Harmony?

Yes.

> Certainly there are plenty of Apache contributions in bulk for
> which that wasn't the case (TomCat to name one) or where you
> aggregating "authorship" to Sun in that case?

Yes - we are trying to go an extra step when it comes to harmony,
because there are multiple implementations of the exact same thing
out there that aren't under open source licenses, so we wish to be
sure to protect both those holders of IP, as well as ourselves and
our users/licensees.

geir

geirm@apache.org