harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "bootjvm@earthlink.net" <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [BootJVM] configure
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:41:43 GMT

Jean-Frederic,

I see.  I can agree with your question
here, but notice that all this is doing is
setting a shell variable whose contents
are to be places into an included Makefile
further down.  With this syntax, that Makefile
is dependent on a specific JAVA_HOME
in the environment, yet another in its
included file.  That is whay my concern was.
Notice that the existing 'config.sh' asks for
which JAVA_HOME is desired.  I think that
it may actually be a good idea review this
whole question about what it does and how
it does it.  I would, however, like to verify
in a new autoconf-style configurator that the
'javac' and 'jar' utilities are present, just like
the current 'config.sh' does.  I've taken a
look at your 'config_try.tar' file and worked
it up some.  Notice that 'support/apjava.m4'
lines 40 and 43 contain extraneous ';;' statements.
(Also notice that the recent updates, including
the new 'refcount' GC algorithm is not represented
here.  Please see my SVN updates from Friday
afternoon, latest rev being 329319.)

Let's talk some more about your autoconf code.
I think it makes a nice candidate for a powerful
configurator.

Dan Lydick