harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dermot Dunnion <ddunn...@cryptall.com>
Subject Re: Compilers and configuration tools
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:05:42 GMT
Sorry to add yet more options; a vast array of choices isn't always a
good thing ;-) I use dev-cpp to compile with gcc under Windows. That
said, I've also played a little with lcc and it does look good. Another
option I used to use is  Vide on top of Borland's free compiler.

Just about staying on-topic but jumping back a a few messages; I do use
a hex editor to pull apart protocols/data formats but I still prefer a
GUI-based IDE and debugger. Please don't take this as flamebait, just a
different point of view. I think people should feel free to use whatever
tools make them personally comfortable and productive while fitting with
the overall project goals.

Dermot.