harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-3 : Archie Cobbs' Contribution of JCVM
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 21:34:01 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Tim Ellison wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I wasn't referring to the mechanics of voting, but rather what
>> was being implied by the response from people on the list.
>>
>> For example, I'd definitely +1 for getting relevant code in as seed  for
>> the project,
>

> So did you?  :D

Well, no  ;-)  because I didn't understand exactly what approval was
being solicited.

>> so hearing about an incoming VM implementation or interface
>> design is excellent.  I guess that the PPMC are uniquely in a position
>> to ensure that 'bulk' contributions have the paperwork in order  (ref the
>> contribution policy on the website).
>

> Yes.  (And I'll update the policy docs to reflect better how things  are
> working later this weekend...)

I've been looking through SVN, and now that I can see the completed
contrib_checklist for these pioneers I have a better understanding of
how this works; i.e. the community acceptance comes after the PPMC have
done a number of verifications.

Regards,
Tim