harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Harmony Bootstrap JVM <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Small problems building under cygwin
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:51:03 GMT

Dalibor,

I'd like to see what you could recommend.
I concentrated on getting the source going
with minimal infrastructure and with the
anticipation of adding this kind of support.
Please check out the latest bootJVM source
and tinker with it.  I'd like to see what you
come up with.

Dan Lydick

-----Original Message-----
From: Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org>
Sent: Oct 21, 2005 11:38 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Small problems building under cygwin

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 01:08:34PM -0200, Rodrigo Kumpera wrote:
> Dan,
>
> To generate a binary that doesn't depend on cygwin shared lib, for
> that I use the following combination of flags "-mno-cygwin
> -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias", the first one is pretty obvious, the second
> is result of google'ing for a working solution, as I could not make it
> work without this flag.

Is there something that speaks against using autotools for all that?

I've written autotools setups that work with gcc, MSVC, etc, across
CygWin, OS X, various Unix variants, GNU/Linux, etc, and found the
underlying tools to have evolved nicely for that in the last few years,
offer some pretty neat features (cross-compiling for windows from
GNU/Linux for example), and most importantly, take care of the whole
platform specific linker flag zoo accross all sorts of operating system
and toolchain combinations.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Dan Lydick