harmony-dev mailing list archives

From boot...@earthlink.net
Subject Re: Compilers and configuration tools
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:14:54 GMT

Rivaaj,

A "Harmony Desktop" contains whatever you want to
put on it.  At the moment, we are in the process
of getting our feet on the ground concerning the
tools we need, the compilers we support, the test
suites we would like, etc.  And that is just for
the current phase of supporting the current
effort at figuring out what to with our initial
contributions.

The Bootstrap JVM code has built-in Eclipse project
files for one of the two Java code directories and
for the several 'C' code directories (using the C/C++
CDT plugin).

All you have to do is download the code base from
SVN onto whatever platform you like to use.  Follow
the list from there, and ask questions.  There are
plenty of Linux and Visual Studio folks who can
help you out.

Dan Lydick