harmony-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: Compilers and configuration tools
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:22:11 GMT
So we need to at least support gcc.  It ain't the best but its
ubiquitous.  If someone so motivated wants to maintain MSVC
compatibility they should be encouraged.  No policy is necessary as the
first is implied in the project mission.  It is obvious however that
strictly supporting Intel/MSVC/etc compilers is contra to the project's
mission (since that would tie us to particular
platforms/processors/vendors).

-andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver