harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Harmony Bootstrap JVM <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Small problems building under cygwin
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:51:44 GMT

again.  See if this works for you and let me know
what happens.

Dan Lydick

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodrigo Kumpera <kumpera@gmail.com>
Sent: Oct 19, 2005 5:42 PM
To: harmony-dev <harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Small problems building under cygwin

I've found a small issue while building under cygwin.

I'm using j2sdk 1.4 and gcc 3.4.4 (cygwin). The problems are when
building the jni stuff.

First it included on gcc find patch "j2sdk\include\cygwin", but it
should be "j2sdk\include\win32".

Second is when building the included file "jni_md.h" breaks everything
as it defines jlong as "__int64" and not "long long".

Fixing both is pretty easy, either edit config/config_opts_always.gcc
or rename the directory from win32 to cygwin.

The second you can either edit jni_md.h and change "__int64" to "long
long" or include a define directive, or something like this, in
config/config_opts_always.gcc.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to fix this on build.sh, as
the first issue is related to build enviroment and the second about
incompatible compilers ("__int64" works on MSVC and ICC but not gcc)

[]s
Rodrigo

Dan Lydick