harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [bootvm] Build (was Re: Build problem on Linux)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:31:26 GMT
All:

--- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2005, at 11:20 PM, Robin Garner wrote:
>

> > By the way, the top level config.sh/build.sh seems
> to expect that
> > "." is
> > in the path.  And any chance of getting this to
> build using a real
> > build
> > tool ?  Make ?  Ant ? (or is ant only for java ?)
> >

> I'd be happy with either make or ant.  It would be
> nice to see at
> least what it might look like in ant...  Someone can
> propose to
> switch if we had an example of how it would work
> <hint> :)

I'm pretty dumb with C having never had any
_practical_ experience with it.  But I orchestrated
some fairly sophisticated COBOL Ant builds with which
I was very happy.  http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net
hosts some Ant extras including a C compilation task
which has a pretty good reputation in the Ant
community, if any of you wanted to check that out.

br,
Matt (Ant PMC)

http://mail.yahoo.com