harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-3 : Archie Cobbs' Contribution of JCVM
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:03:14 GMT

On Oct 1, 2005, at 12:52 PM, acoliver@apache.org wrote:

> I think we should refer people to the authorative source, but that
> may be a general bias on my part due to a game I played in
> Kindergarten.  :-)

There is no "authoritative source" - projects get to choose the
manner in which they run themselves, as that document itself says.
Certainly what we do will capture the spirit and for the most part,
the letter, of that document, but as I said, it notes that
communities have flexibility.

> I share your opinion on fractional votes...they are annoying and
> make counting more difficult.  However I don't think this warrants
> discussion yet.  Late refactoring is good.  Solve problems you
> have, not the ones you might have.

Maybe I'm too old school and like a little upfront design to keep you
out of trouble ;)

geir