harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Harmony Bootstrap JVM <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Changes to bootjvm 0.0.0 coming soon
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:57:08 GMT

Rodrigo,

For testing threading, I think the simpler the better.
Probably some of the canonical examples from basic
Java books would be a good place to start.  Right now,
I don't have too much of the native OS and library calls
implemented in JNI, but that might be something
someone could help with.  Even lacking these, the
actual C code locations for synchronizing, locking,
etc., could use some sysDbgMsg() calls (diagnostic
messages) to display status results until we get more
library stuff in place.  Then the test classes could be
loaded and tested.  This will be possible under release
0.0.2.  The 0.0.1 release will have most stuff, including
parsing the command line, but it doesn't yet pass
command line parameters into the Java routine
'public static void main()' routine.  0.0.2 will fill in
this blank.

When I get the SSH problems sorted out and get 0.0.1
released, would you mind to get the source and docs and
start looking into what needs to be done to start testing
the threading code?  (They will be in .tar.gz files for easy
access.)

Thanks,

Dan Lydick