harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Committer Addition Process
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:24:20 GMT
On 9/21/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> 4) A committer will lose commit status after 4 months of inactivity.
> In order to regain commit status, that person must begin
> participating by offering a patch, new code, etc :)

This seems too much in the long run, but I do think that it is necessary to
have a low barrier to entry now, and then trimming back the committer list
to active people at either some milestone point or down the track if
applying for TLP is appropriate.

If you intend to be adding a whole lot of new committers, there needs to be
some way to continue to contribute via JIRA/ML while the account is created
though, and this takes some time (unless Geir is intending to turn them all
around himself immediately with his new found powers :)

Cheers,
Brett