harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gong <steven.g...@gmail.com>
Subject A question about the relationship between VM/Classlibrary Interface and VMAccessors
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:38:14 GMT
Hi list,
I've been following the discussion about the VM/Classlibrary interface and
VMAccessors and I am a little confused why to separate VMAccessors from
VM/Classlibrary interface. I learned from the HarmonyArchitecture Wiki that
VMAccessors provide efficient accessing to VM classes, methods and fields
(reflection API in the classlib's term) in java, while in VM/Classlibrary
interface that is provided by classpath, there are also some core VM*
classes providing these APIs.
My question is: should VMAccesors be a part of VM/Classlibrary interface?
What is the reason to move it out of VM/Classlibrary interface?

--
Best Regards
Steven Gong