harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discussion] Committer Addition Process
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:16:38 GMT
I'm going to shameless steal an idea from Andy Oliver.  Amended with
#4 :

1) Anyone with a contribution that would belong in SVN can be
considered for commit status by the PMC (PPMC while in incubation).
This contribution can be anything - new code, a patch to existing
code, documentation, a change to the website, testing code or other
resources, etc. (Hopefully this gets people interested in harvesting
good docs from the WIKI, as that's worth commit status IMO)

2) If offered commit status by the PMC and accepted by the
individual, we will get an ACQ from the individual along with an ICLA
if not already on file with the ASF secretary.  I'd ask that
individuals wait to do an ACQ until offered, as the ACQ will be
evolving over time as we learn, and I'd like to ask that a new
committer have the current version on file as of the date of them
being added as a commmitter.

3) The individual would be given free reign in the area to which they
contributed, and trusted to engage with the relevant part of the
community for other areas of our codebase/resourcebase.

4) A committer will lose commit status after 4 months of inactivity.
In order to regain commit status, that person must begin
participating by offering a patch, new code, etc :)

geirm@apache.org