harmony-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: Code into SVN, not the WIKI (Re: [arch] VMCore / Component Model)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:29:53 GMT
Dude,

It's catch 22.  There weren't any legitimate committers (because there
was no initial code base) at the beginning of the project to "vote".
Because of this, there needs to be a lower barrier of entry than a
formal procedure.  Otherwise I might suggest a segment of the willing go
off and create an initial codebase in a CVS/SVN somewhere that is more
open and then submit it.  For a project with no code this seems a bit
officious.  Let the "likely" people in (Mladen for instance is an apache
committer in good standing who has plans to do something) and then let
Darwin sort them out.  Then they can vote in committers in the normal
way.  The project needs code!!!  Rather than being officious, the goal
should be to facillitate every means possible to make that happen.  It
will be messy and there will be serveral misdirections but thats what a
repository is for.  Forward momentum.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver