harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject How to package a contribution
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:02:12 GMT
If you have a work that you wish to contribute to the Apache Harmony
project, I suggest the following process :

1) First, be sure that the work is an original work by you,
    or if not, you have the right and permission to
    contribute the software to the Apache Harmony project.
    We follow the standard Apache rules regarding contributions,
    and ask for both an Individual Contributors License Agreement

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt  or
   http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf

as well as a Software Grant and Corporate Contributor License Agreement

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

in the event the contribution isn't owned by yourself.

2) In addition to the ICLA, we augment the contribution process
    via an Authorized Contributor Questionnaire

   http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.html

   and for now, fax to +1 203 665 6400.  The Apache Harmony PPMC
   will handle these.

3) Package your contribution with :

   a) the Apache License in a file called LICENSE in the root
      of the contribution directory tree

   b) Put the header for the Apache License in the top of each file :

/**
*
* Copyright 2005 The Apache Software Foundation or its licensors, as
applicable
*
*  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
*  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
*  You may obtain a copy of the License at
*
*     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
*
*  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
*  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
*  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
*  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
*  limitations under the License.
*/

4) Submit the bundle to the project via a JIRA entry.  Please be sure
    to select "contributing under the Apache License" when doing so.

5) Submit a message to the dev list describing your contribution.

Comments or additions to this process welcome.

geir

geirm@apache.org