harmony-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: JCVM contribution
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:56:27 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2005, at 11:11 AM, acoliver@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Excuse my dumbness, I haven't done much substantial in C in awhile  so
>> I'm rusty.
>>
>> I'm goofing with this, I've downloaded various things.  I realize  it
>> won't immediately work on OS X/PPC but I figured it might be fun  to
>> goof with adding some of that to it.
>

> Please, please, please do that!  You'll save me the time :)

Though I have to say, as much as I like the powerPC chip and as well
suited my laptop was for its original purpose (living out of a
suitcase), I think I will be getting another powerbook (I have one
personal and one for work).  Apple has managed to miff me one too many
times.

Sadly their abandonment of it will leave no strong server or desktop
platform that runs on it (yes I know, statement stands, trust me).....At
least until the new Playstation3 comes out...  As soon as it becomes
affordable and someone figures out how to install Linux on it, I think
I'll use it as my desktop and maybe port whatever we have then to it :-P

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.