harmony-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: JCVM contribution
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:09:48 GMT
Doh!  Apparently there is no port of glibc for OS X!

Can this be true?

Andrew-Olivers-Computer:~/downloads/glibc/build acoliver$
../glibc-2.3.5/configure
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0
*** The GNU C library is currently not available for this platform.
*** So far nobody cared to port it and if there is no volunteer it
*** might never happen.  So, if you have interest to see glibc on
*** this platform visit
***     http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html
*** and join the group of porters

--