harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: JCVM contribution
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:56:33 GMT
acoliver@apache.org wrote:

> Does not appear so.  I dinked around and tried to see if its actually
> that big of a deal to port gcc since there is a powerpc arch...but for
> some reason it hangs when trying to check for as.   Cool stuff...  Now I
> remember the best thing about Java....ant.

gcc is the system compiler on OS X. :)

there are glibc ports for powerpc-linux and to *BSD (see debian/K*BSD
projects). I guess a clever combination of things from one place with
things from another (Darwin is mildly FreeBSD based, it's largely based
on lots of clever use of spit and glue;) would get you a long way ahead.

cheers,
dalibor topic