harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-5 : David Tanzer's proof-of-concept component model
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:51:50 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> David Tanzer has offered his proof-of-concept component model to the
> project.  It can be found here :

> [ ] +1 Accept the code into the project
> [X] -1 Don't accept the code.  Reason :

The code itself is posix only.
If we continue this way, porting to the other platforms will
become impossible.
Even the simple posix itself is incompatible between various
flavors. For example on AIX there is 'archive.a(dso.so)' and
dlopen needs 'RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL | RTDL_MEMBER' flags.
Some platforms like HPUX use the shl_load, not to mention the
Windows or Netware.

The actual code itself exists, and is very much mature within
Apache2, and module dependencies are implemented within apr-iconv
project, so perhaps this would be a way to go.

Also, what about coding style guide?

Regards,
Mladen.