harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-5 : David Tanzer's proof-of-concept component model
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:53:09 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> David Tanzer has offered his proof-of-concept component model to the
> project.  It can be found here :

> [ ] +1 Accept the code into the project
> [ ] -1 Don't accept the code.  Reason :

+1 Accept the code into the project

Looks fine.

Technical comments:

I'd suggest using lt_dlopen(ext), since that solves some of the issues,
but it's not available everywhere. It comes with macros for path
separators and all that.

In kaffe, there is a dlopen wrapper, that defaults to lt_dlopen on
normal platforms, and allows people on more academic platforms to
override them for their specific needs (for example, when they have a
barebone system).

cheers,
dalibor topic