harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Tanzer <stru...@guglhupf.net>
Subject Re: Code into SVN, not the WIKI (Re: [arch] VMCore / Component Model)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:07:32 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Lets not store code in the wiki, but rather SVN.  There's no control  on
> a  WIKI, so we have no clue what it is or really where it came from.

I totally agree with that, I just didn't know if I have SVN write access
and how we structure the repository. I guess it would be good to set up
a "playground" or "sandbox" where we can play around with prototypes
like the one I've provided.

> As you know, we are being very careful about code pedigree for all
> sorts of good reasons.  If you would like to get this code into SVN  so
> others can start tweaking and playing, we should do that.
>
> 1) To get started, first look at the Authorized Contributor
> Questionnaire (ACQ)
>
>  http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.html
>
> or
>
>  http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.txt
>
> and fill out a copy, print it, and sign it.  Fax to
>
>   +1 203 665 6400
>
> (that's my fax #).
>
> 2) Fill out an ICLA as required by part IV of the ACQ above
>
>   http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> print it, and sign it.  Fax to same number.

I have sent both documents via snail mail to

Apache Software Foundation
1901 Munsey Drive,
Forest Hill, MD 21050-2747
U.S.A.

should I still fax it to you anyway?

> Assuming that all is well with the ACQ, this means that we can accept
> the code you have put in the WIKI into SVN for people to start  playing
> with.  You will have to add the code to a JIRA entry for the  project,
> so you can definitively offer it under the Apache license.
>
> Note that we are going to be testing the contribution process that we
> have thought out, so please be patient :)

Sure, no problem. I just thought we should start talking about code
rather than abstract ideas.

Regards, David.