harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Tanzer <stru...@guglhupf.net>
Subject Re: Classpath .18 release
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:19:06 GMT
Mark Wielaard wrote:
> [Snip]
> Maybe
> "This week on harmony-dev" can be extended to also cover some of the
> other mailinglists of the sister projects.

Of course I could, the question is how to do this. First of all, we
should compile a list of mailing lists we consider to add to these
weekly reviews. I just found the following, please post additional
suggestions:

* GNU Classpath:
   - classpath@gnu.org
   - classpath-patches@gnu.org (maybe)
* Jikes RVM:
   - jikesrvm-core@lists.sourceforge.net
   - jikesrvm-researchers@lists.sourceforge.net
* Kaffee:
   - kaffee@kaffee.org

I'll then subscribe to the suggested lists and maybe just read them for
a week or two before I decide what I'll do (i.e. for which lists I want
to write summaries). I'm not sure if I really want to summarize all the
mailing lists which would be interesting for harmony, since this could
be *really much* work, so if someone wants to volunteer for helping me
with that we'll surely find a way to contribute ;-)

I think it would be good to make two different series -- "This week on
harmony-dev" as it is and something like "This week in related projects"
with summaries of the development in the sister projects. We could post
both article series here and at my homepage (and of course on other
mailing lists who are interested too).

Regards, David.