harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCVM contribution
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:29:55 GMT
El jue, 29-09-2005 a las 11:11 -0400, acoliver@apache.org escribió:
> Excuse my dumbness, I haven't done much substantial in C in awhile so
> I'm rusty.
>
> I'm goofing with this, I've downloaded various things.  I realize it
> won't immediately work on OS X/PPC but I figured it might be fun to goof

jamvm will give you a very small (footprint and source code) to play
with that works very well on PPC (it is in fact the main development
platform).

> with adding some of that to it.  After getting everything I needed to
> automake/autoconfig and some various libs (like popt and classpath) I
> have gotten to a point where it looks for "elf.h" -- I tried libelf but
> that didn't seem to make it happy.  Any idea what may make it happy?

If you had a proper OS and packaging system you'd know easily :-P
For instance:

sgala@marlow ~/Code/jetspeed-2 $ equery belongs /usr/include/elf.h
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/include/elf.h in *... ]
sys-libs/glibc-2.3.5-r1 (/usr/include/elf.h)

or (Mandrake i586 instead of gentoo-ppc)

[sgala@webserver2 ~]$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/include/elf.h
glibc-devel-2.3.4-8mdk

So it should be in whatever funky SDK Apple has for their glibc/gcc. It
is part of the glibc distribution.

Regards,
Santiago (not claiming that portage or rpm is ideal, but at least can
tell where the files came from).

--
VP and Chair, Apache Portals (http://portals.apache.org)
Apache Software Foundation