harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code into SVN, not the WIKI (Re: [arch] VMCore / Component Model)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:18:32 GMT

On Sep 20, 2005, at 9:11 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Geir,
> When folks have sent in their ACQ/ICLA, we should give them direct
> commit access (after maybe a VOTE on the ppmc list). I really don't
> like putting so many road blocks, what exactly are we waiting for?

What roadblocks are you talking about?

We certainly want a vote and not just make everyone who fills in
paperwork a committer.  I don't think we need a high bar to entry,
but at least a patch, maybe?  This is a good subject to discuss.

*Any* bulk contribution - i.e. code created outside of the day to day
flow of the project by committers should come into a JIRA so the
contribution can be inspected and understood to be a clearly
delineated contribution.  We will be keeping a record of all such